Saturday 5 September 2015

F2M

 Dear Blog,

Hazel Edwards was a hot topic of the writers festival. Her novel F2M is a piece of fiction, a coming of age novel about a female who is going through transition to become a male. She based it and pieces of her story from a young man she knew named Ryan. Ryan was a family friend.

This was a recent topic of interest because of the whole Caitlyn Jenner transition.  It's funny how because someone is famous their journey is of utter importance, it ticks me off sometimes.  However Hazel said something about this that I completely agree with, she said " Some people are incredibly brave but quiet about it," she referred to these people as "the real quiet heroes". I think writing is all about the real quiet heroes. I don't think that heroes have to be super human and have the ability of tackling the whole worlds problems on their own, rather those of us who are brave. Brave enough to be ourselves no matter the outcome.

Hazel went on to say something else that I found inspiring "You have the experience to live the loves of the characters for the length of the book." I don't know why this quote caught me. Maybe because of it's truth behind it or maybe because it was something I never thought. My favourite books of all time would have to be the Harry Potter series. Yes, I am a classic kid, it's what I grew up with, what I can reread and what I love but I never thought I was living their lives. Therefore this adds a whole new layer to my reading, I use to get lost in Harry Potter but now rather than loosing myself to a world I feel like I am happily stepping into it. Maybe I make sense, Maybe I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment